- What is Tisch MSRCNY?
- Stem Cell Trial
- Team Tisch MS
- Get Involved
Looking for careers in multiple sclerosis research? Available positions will be posted here periodically. For further inquiry, please contact us via the online form.
Research Assistant Position: Research Assistant positions will be available at the Tisch Multiple Sclerosis Research Center of New York (Tisch MSRCNY) starting the summer of 2021. Tisch MSRCNY is an independent research center in New York City under the direction of Saud A. Sadiq, MD. The mission of Tisch MSRCNY is to find the cause and cure for multiple sclerosis through a multidisciplinary approach incorporating the fields of immunology, molecular biology, stem cell biology, neuroscience, and clinical translational research. The Tisch MSRCNY is closely affiliated with the International Multiple Sclerosis Management Practice, creating a unique environment designed to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery. Please visit our website for more information www.tischms.org.
Open positions include (1) Laboratory Research Assistant (6 positions available) and (2) Clinical Research Assistant (1 position available). Ideal candidates for this educational opportunity are students who have recently completed their undergraduate education and seek a rewarding experience in a biomedical research program before attending graduate or medical school. Research Assistants work under the direct supervision of a principal investigator.
Research Assistant responsibilities include:
• Perform laboratory techniques such as PCR, aseptic cell culture technique, western blotting, ELISAs, and flow cytometry
• Project-dependent work with rodent models, including surgery, behavioral testing, tissue processing, and histology
• Processing and banking of human biological samples
• Documentation of experimental objectives, design, methods, data collection, and data analysis
• Carry out literature searches and give journal presentations
• Participate in lab meetings, journal clubs, and international research conferences
• Perform general laboratory tasks including stocking and inventory, equipment maintenance, and reagent preparation
Clinical Research Assistant responsibilities include:
• Assist with clinical research data collection and study coordination
• Perform clinical testing on trial subjects including execution of timed walking tests, administration of questionnaires, and placing phone calls to patients
• Coordinate with clinical staff in collection of biological samples for research
• Assist in preparation and submission of regulatory materials to IRB and FDA
• Explain research findings in social media posts and newsletter articles for patient outreach
• Participate in lab meetings, journal clubs, clinical meetings, and international research conferences
• Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences. Applicants with an expected graduation date for the spring of 2021 are prioritized
• Previous laboratory and/or clinical research experience required
• Must be able to commit to a 2-year contract
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and should be able to demonstrate ability to work as a team
All research positions are full-time and in-person, not remote. Tisch MSRCNY follows strict COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all staff. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If interested, please send a cover letter, CV (must include your GPA), and the names of three references to email@example.com. Please specify “Research Assistant Application” in the subject line.